Lying south of Eglinton and east of Highway-427 to Rathburn, we find the Etobicoke subdivision of West Deane Park. Originally farmland up to the early 1960′s when this area was sold to developer Edmund Peachey, He subdivided the land into the layout of the present day neighbourhood. The subdivision West Deane Park, gets its name from Peachey’s wife whose maiden name was Deane. The area includes the park land along the Etobicoke Creek on the West side of Martin Grove.
Having been built in the 1960′s, homes here are slightly more recent than many of the other Etobicoke neighbourhoods built in the 1950′s. The West Deane Park homes have more of a suburban feel to them, with generous lot sizes and larger driveways. Typical home styles of West Deane Park includes a mixture of bungalows, two story, back-split and front-split homes. Almost exclusively detached homes with private driveways and attached garages.
The West Deane Park area offers easy access to highways 401 and 427, as well as to the airport. The subway is still accessable from here, but will require a bus ride to get there.
Being from the 1960′s we find the streets have been laid-out in a twisty “planned community” fashion that was just starting to take hold at this time, instead of the straight grid-like street alignment of earlier times.
If you are thinking of buying or selling a home in the West Deane neighbourhood of Etobicoke, be sure to consult with Ralph Evans.